This article shows you how to download and install the full version of ChessBase v16.15 for free on PC. Follow the direct download link and instructions below for guidance on installing ChessBase v16.15 on your computer.
Table of contents
- About the software
- ChessBase v16.15 System Requirements
- How to Download and Install ChessBase v16.15
- Required files
About the software
ChessBase is a personal, stand-alone chess database that has become the standard throughout the world. Everyone uses ChessBase, from the World Champion to the amateur next door. It is the program of choice for anyone who loves the game and wants to know more about it. Start your personal success story with ChessBase and enjoy the game even more.
Opening surveys with deeply nested variations make particular demands on the representation of the notation. For that reason ChessBase 16 possesses a new way of “folding” variations which can be opened or closed simply with a click of the mouse. Another novelty is the automatic recognition of games quoted. All the opening surveys of ChessBase 16 contain pointers to recent strong sample games.
The main features of ChessBase are:
- Opening surveys for every move with a single click. With a choice of focus: Main Variations, Fashion, Side Lines, Attacking, Gambits, Endgame
- Better overview when playing through deeply analysed games thanks to dynamic folding of the notation
- Urgent news about recently played innovations with direct access to the database
- Direct database access to tournaments being played live
- Preparation for opponents with recognition of their weaknesses taking into account your own repertoire
- Innovations and trends as annotations in Tactical Analysis
- After an update to Megadatabase, overview of important recent innovations and theoretical trends.
- Tags for the management of games.
- Search for characteristic tactical positions in an opening variation
- Link to the ChessBase Shop with simple installation of purchased download products
- Slimmed down search booster: required hard disk space halved
- Playchess chat modernised
ChessBase v16.15 System Requirements
- OS: Windows 10.
- Processor: PC Intel i5 or AMD Ryzen 3 (Quadcore)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM.
- Graphics: Graphic card with 512 MB.
- Network: Broadband Internet connection.
- Storage: 1 GB available space.
- Sound Card: DirectX-compatible sound card.
How to Download and Install ChessBase v16.15
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract, see this article. The password to extract will always be: QWERTY!
- Run Setup.exe and install the software