This article shows you how to download and install the full version of K-Lite Codec Pack for free on PC. Follow the direct download link and instructions below for guidance on installing K-Lite Codec Pack on your computer.
Table of contents
- About the software
- K-Lite Codec Pack System Requirements
- How to Download and Install K-Lite Codec Pack
- Required files
About the software
The K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of audio and video codecs for Microsoft Windows DirectShow that enables an operating system and its software to play various audio and video formats generally not supported by the operating system itself. The K-Lite Codec Pack also includes several related tools, including Media Player Classic Home Cinema (MPC-HC), Media Info Lite, and Codec Tweak Tool.
Some highlights of the abilities of the K-Lite Codec Pack.
- Totally customizable installation with many options. You control what gets installed.
- Supports unattended deployment.
- Checks your system for broken codecs and other anomalies, and fixes these problems.
- Compatible with all DirectShow players.
- Just the best and most essential codecs. No unnecessary bloat.
- Allows you to play practically everything.
- Hardware accelerated decoding of common video formats (on compatible systems).
- Examples of supported video file formats:
.mkv .webm .mp4 .mov .avi .ogm .m2ts .ts .mpg .3gp .wmv .mxf .flv .rm .rmvb .dv
- Examples of supported audio file formats:
.mp3 .flac .m4a .ogg .wv .ape .mka .opus .mpc .tak .alac .amr .ofr .tta .ra .tak .spx
- Examples of supported video formats:
H.264, H.265/HEVC, VP8, VP9, AV1, VC1, MPEG1, MPEG2, MPEG-4, H.263, Theora, MJPEG, ProRes, Huffyuv, Cineform HD, Indeo, Lagarith, GoToMeeting, DNxHD, and many others.
- Examples of supported audio formats:
AC3, DTS, AAC, MP3, DTS-HD, TrueHD, E-AC3, Vorbis, FLAC, WMA, Atrac, ADPCM, TrueAudio, Wavpack, APE, OptimFrog, RealAudio, G.711, G.726, G.729, Speex, and many others.
K-Lite Codec Pack System Requirements
- Windows 95, 98, Me, 2000, XP or Mac OS X
- 64 MB RAM
- 233 mhz CPU or better
- 5 MB for Install Disk Space
How to Download and Install K-Lite Codec Pack
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract, see this article. The password to extract will always be: QWERTY!
- Run Setup.exe and install the software