This article shows you how to download and install the full version of Winaero Tweaker v1.40 for free on PC. Follow the direct download link and instructions below for guidance on installing Winaero Tweaker v1.40 on your computer.
Table of contents
- About the software
- Winaero Tweaker v1.40 System Requirements
- How to Download and Install Winaero Tweaker v1.40
- Required files
About the software
Winaero Tweaker is a freeware app created by myself, Sergey Tkachenko. It is an all-in-one application that comes with dozens of options for fine-grained tuning of various Windows settings and features.
It also includes most options which were available in free standalone apps at Winaero.com and extended them as much as possible.
This website is a new home for the app. It is ads-free, script-free, and web-tracking-free.
The main features of Winaero Tweaker are:
- To launch an app as Administrator without a UAC confirmation.
- To directly open any Control Panel applet or system folder.
- To directly open any Settings page.
- To create shortcuts to the classic Shut Down Windows dialog (Alt+F4), and Safe Mode.
- To remove or customize the shortcut arrow overlay icon.
- To remove the ” – shortcut” suffix.
- To remove blue arrows from compressed files.
- Restore classic Windows Photos Viewer to use it instead of Photos.
- Restore the classic sound volume pop-up slider.
- Permanently disable Windows Telemetry and Data Collection.
- Permanently disable Windows Defender.
- Permanently disable Windows Update.
- Disable ads and unwanted app installation (Candy Crush Soda Saga, etc).
- Enable the built-in Administrator account.
- Enable automatic Registry backup.
- Change drag-n-drop sensitivity.
- Disable Action Center and notifications.
- Reset icon cache.
- Reset all Group Policy options at once.
- Customize folders in This PC.
- Customize entries in Navigation Pane in File Explorer (in the left pane).
- Rename and change the icon for the Quick Access entry.
- Increase the taskbar transparency level.
- Show time seconds in the taskbar clock.
- Disable blur for the sign-in screen.
- Customize fonts, and the Alt+Tab dialog appearance.
- Change the title bar color for inactive windows.
Winaero Tweaker v1.40 System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7
How to Download and Install Winaero Tweaker v1.40
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract, see this article. The password to extract will always be: QWERTY!
- Run Setup.exe and install the software